Many regional entities get bigger virus loans
A lot of familiar names are among the Southwest Virginia businesses and non-profit organizations that received federally-guaranteed COVID-19 emergency loans of $150,000 and more.
Last week, the U.S. Small Business Administration released two sets of detailed data on temporary financial relief loans made through the Paycheck Protection Program.
Several dozen Norton and Wise County businesses and non-profits received nearly $11.4 million in loans of up to $150,000. The data set for those small loans included the location of entities that received funds, but did not identify them.
Another data set included information about loans from $150,000 up to $5 million that were made to businesses and non-profits. Those entities are identified.
PPP loans are made by local, regional and national lending institutions and are guaranteed by the SBA.
The PPP program resumed accepting loan applications last week in response to the president signing legislation that extends it. The deadline to apply is Aug. 8.
Loans can be fully forgiven if the money is used for payroll, mortgage interest, rent and utilities. At least 60 percent must be used for payroll. The interest rate is 1 percent. Payments are deferred for six months.
You can learn more online at sba.gov.
Following is a list of larger PPP loan recipients among coalfield-region businesses and non-profits, along with other entities that have strong ties to the coalfields economy:
LOANS OF $2-5 MILLION
• Strongwell Corp., Bristol.
• Bluefield College.
LOANS OF $1-2 MILLION
• Thompson & Litton Inc., the architectural, engineering and consulting firm based in Wise.
• Coalfield Services Inc., Wytheville.
• Longwall Associates Inc., Chilhowie.
• Mattern & Craig Inc., Roanoke, an engineering firm that has done extensive work in the coalfield region.
• Raw Coal Mining Co. Inc., Bluefield.
• Scott County Telephone Cooperative.
LOANS OF $350,000 TO $1 MILLION
• A&A Enterprises Inc., Norton.
• Appalachian School of Law, Grundy.
• Appalachian College of Pharmacy, Oakwood.
• Appalachian Technical Services Inc.
• Buchanan Pump Service & Supply, Pound.
• Estes Brothers Construction Inc., Jonesville.
• Glass Machinery & Excavation Inc., Jonesville.
• In Home Care Inc., Wise.
• Joseph Wolfe P.C., Norton.
• Lane Engineering Inc., Marion, a firm that has done extensive work in the coalfield region.
• Lifecare Ambulance Service Inc., Wise.
• McFall Excavating Inc., Clintwood.
• Morgan McClure, Coeburn.
• Morgan McClure, Castlewood.
• Patriot Mining LLC.
• Paul’s Fan Co., Grundy.
• Pepsi Cola Bottling Co. Inc., Norton.
• Pyott-Boone Electronics, North Tazewell, which supplies the mining industry.
• Quesenberry’s Inc., Big Stone Gap.
• Riggs Oil Co. Inc., Big Stone Gap.
• Southern Forest Products LLC, Big Stone Gap.
LOANS OF $150,000 TO $350,000
• Auto World, Big Stone Gap.
• B.Q. Delivery Services Inc., Clintwood.
• Ball Construction Co. Inc., Norton.
• C.S. & S. Coal Corp., Wise.
• Cavalier Mineral Inc., Vansant.
• CBS Energy Inc., Cedar Bluff.
• Chafin Law Firm PC, Lebanon.
• Clinch River Health Services, Dungannon.
• Dotson Chevrolet Inc., Big Stone Gap.
• Elk Knob Inc., Pennington Gap.
• Falcon Coal Corp., Wise.
• Hall Electric LLC, Norton.
• Harvest Free Will Baptist Child Care Ministries Inc., Duffield.
• Homemakers LLC, Clintwood.
• Hurberries Inc. construction company, Coeburn.
• Infinity Medical Management LLC, Big Stone Gap.
• J.W. Construction Co. Inc., Wise.
• Johnson Chevrolet Buick Inc., Clintwood.
• Justice Energy Co. Inc., Roanoke.
• JWT Well Services Inc., Nora.
• Little B Enterprises Inc., Castlewood.
• Lonesome Pine Dining Inc., Big Stone Gap.
• Maggard Sales & Service Inc., Pound.
• Mine Quest Inc., Cedar Bluff.
• Newport Wise Management LLC, Wise.
• NorrisBuilt Fabrication & Mobile Welding LLC, Norton.
• American Highwall Mining LLC, Chilhowie.
• People Incorporated, Abingdon.
• Polycap LLC, Lebanon.
• Primary Energy Services Inc., Cedar Bluff.
• Reynolds Trucking LLC, Norton.
• South-West Insurance Agency Inc., Big Stone Gap.
• The Health Wagon, Wise.
• Stanco Equipment Inc., Clintwood.
• Stiltner Mining Inc., Grundy.
• Street Law Firm LLP, Grundy.
• Terra Tech Engineering Services PC, Grundy.
• Lee Law Firm of Wise PC.
• Tuck Mapping Solutions Inc., Big Stone Gap.
• United Way of Southwest Virginia Inc., Abingdon.
Please support the Coalfield Progress by subscribing today!